NH Businesses Currently Recognized For Veteran-Friendly Practices
The Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services and NH Employment Security celebrate businesses, organizations, colleges and schools in New Hampshire that strive to honor, fortify, empower, and positively impact the lives of NH Service members, Veterans and their families.
HONOR FORTIFY EMPOWER IMPACT
The Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services (DMAVS) and NH Employment Security (NHES) celebrate the following businesses, organizations, colleges and schools in New Hampshire that strive to honor, fortify, empower, and positively impact the lives of NH Service members, Veterans and their families.
The New Hampshire businesses listed on this page have been recognized for meeting veteran-friendly criteria in one or more of the following categories: Honor, Fortify, Empower, and Impact. Platinum businesses meet the criteria of all four categories; Gold businesses meet the criteria of three categories; Silver businesses meet the criteria of two categories; and, Bronze businesses meet the criteria of one category. Refer to the 2022 Program Info & Roadmap (link below) for recommendations of criteria businesses are encouraged to meet or work towards for each category.
Congratulations to the following NH Veteran Friendly Businesses!
This webpage will be updated soon with the business recognitions. Until then, view a full list of all recognized businesses HERE or by clicking the logo below.
Platinum Level Recognition
ArgenTech Solutions, Inc. is a New Hampshire-based, Veteran-Owned, Small Business formed in March 2009. At its core, ArgenTech Solutions has extensive experience and competence in managing complex technical services 24/7, world-wide, in support of unmanned aircraft systems as well as other highly technical disciplines and services. ArgenTech Solutions recognizes that success is dependent upon their employee’s skills, dedication, and hard work.
- ArgenTech Solutions is comprised of 85% of previous military personnel and, therefore, knows firsthand the sacrifices and commitment of Veteran and Guard/Reserve employees. Currently, 24% of the company’s employees are active in the Guard or Reserves.
- ArgenTech Solutions actively recruits Veteran skill and talent. Veteran and previous military personnel are the company’s preferred employees and the company dedicates significant resources to recruit this high level of technical skill. Most recently, they were scheduled to attend the Navy Region Southwest Job Fair in March 2020 at the Coronado Naval Station in San Diego, but unfortunately, it was cancelled due to COVID.
- The company Military Leave policy goes above and beyond the USERRA regulations by offering one month of full paid leave annually to eligible Guard and Reserve employees. This generous leave policy helps to bridge the cash flow transition from company pay to the first military paycheck.
Contact ArgenTech Solutions for more information. www.argentechsolutions.com
Check out jobs available at ArgenTech Solutions: www.argentechsolutions.com/index.php/careers
BAE Systems, Inc. in Nashua, NH is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. BAE Systems, Inc. provides support and service solutions for current and future defense, intelligence, and civilian systems; designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of electronic systems and subsystems for both military and commercial applications; produces specialized security and protection products; and designs, develops, produces, and provides service support of armored combat vehicles, artillery systems, and munitions. The company has been a recipient of numerous awards and recognitions related to their commitment and support of military & Veterans.
- Website content demonstrates support for the military and Veteran employees. A veteran-specific landing page is part of the overall careers site where Veterans can translate their military-specific code into BAE Systems jobs and then apply to the most applicable position. In 2017, a production team was invited to the Nashua campus to interview several Veteran employees about their experiences with the company. The resulting videos and interviews are now used for promotional and recruiting purposes and featured on the website.
- The company has extensive and impressive orientation and retainment programs for Veteran employees that include transition supports, an inclusive and mission-driven work environment, and mentorship and career development guidance.
- BAE Systems, Inc. demonstrates appreciation for service through several company programs and benefits. The Remember.Honor.Support Campaign is held each May during Military Appreciation Month when all employees are encouraged to volunteer in their local communities in honor of military men and women. The Electronic systems Tech Power Corporate Giving Program run by the company aims to maximize their impact on technology education and Veteran and military families by improving lives and advancing careers through the power of innovative technology and experiences.
Contact BAE Systems, Inc. for more information. www.baesystems.com
Dead River Company is a family-owned company that now has over 75 years of experience in the fuel oil and propane business and 7 locations in New Hampshire. While their size ensures a reliable supply of petroleum products for customers, it's how they deliver services and support communities that matters most. By operating locally managed offices throughout Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and now Massachusetts, they still maintain the values of a family-owned company.
- The company implements a strategy to support employees of military families when a Service member is deployed. Staff routinely communicate with deployed Service members to ensure family support.
- Dead River Company is committed to attracting and retaining employees of the highest caliber. The company strategically sources Veteran applicants through programs such as Vets2Techs, Boots2Roots and the Army Partnership for Youth Success Program and provides financial support to Veteran Hiring Programs such as these as well. The company also includes Veteran employees in company initiatives to hire other Veterans.
- Dead River Company recognizes the value many Veterans place on community service and philanthropy. The company provides a “Time to Share” benefit to support the efforts of employees who volunteer their time. The company also provides monetary sponsorships each year for non-profits or charitable causes for which employees are involved.
Contact Dead River Company for more information. www.deadriver.com/
HydraCor, LLC was born from an e-commerce innovator and emerged as an independent entity in 2016 as the result of two childhood friends discovering a shared passion for patient care and technology. HydraCor is the developer of the AdvoCor Platform, which utilizes Augmented Intelligence and statistical modeling to predict patient problems and deploy human capital in real-time to address patient needs before they are reported. Now in over 250 healthcare providers, HydraCor remains committed to delivering the best possible solutions to our partners as we continue to create innovative new applications.
- HydraCor values the talent and skills Veteran employees can bring to the company and regularly participates in military or Veteran-related celebrations, holidays and events. A company-sponsored luncheon is provided to employees on Veterans Day each year.
- The company is committed to the recruitment, retainment and career growth of Veterans. This is demonstrated by a Veteran employee included in hiring and onboarding processes and by the Veteran and military experience being represented on the company’s executive leadership team.
- HydraCor contributes to Team Rubicon Disaster Response annually to support their mission of mobilizing Veterans to continue their service through disaster relief activities.
Contact HydraCor for more information. https://hydracor.net/
Hypertherm, Inc. has a story of innovation, hard work, and customer focus as evidenced through a commitment in engineering and to becoming a world-class manufacturer of advanced industrial cutting solutions. Founded in 1968, its headquarters are located in Hanover, NH. Hypertherm has more than 1,800 Associates worldwide, partners in 93 countries, and close to 500 global patents. Hypertherm is a 100% Associate-owned company. A central part of Hypertherm’s mission is to provide for the wellbeing of its Associates, their communities and the environment.
- Hypertherm has sought out and been designated as an “Approved for GI Bill Use” company through the Dept of Labor so eligible Veteran Associates can access up to 100% of their educational benefits through their apprenticeship and on-the-job training programs.
- As part of a continuous improvement culture, Hypertherm supports and highlights the efforts of Veteran Associates who promote problem-solving within the company. Their efforts are highlighted within company news reports, through an individual recognition process and on the company website.
- While activated or deployed, Reserve and National Guard component service member employees continue to receive time and benefits associated with their end-of-year profit sharing benefit as well as continue to accrue Earned Time Off.
Contact Hypertherm, Inc. for more information. www.hypertherm.com/en-US/our-company/
The New Hampshire Hospital Association is a non-profit trade association, organized for the benefit of its members and the people of New Hampshire. Advocacy is the Association's top priority. New Hampshire Hospital Association has 30 registered members. Located in Concord, NH, the Association serves as a resource for helping administrators, trustees, physicians, nurses, volunteers and others working in hospitals and other healthcare organizations to pursue common goals and meet common needs. The Association works to preserve regulatory and business climates that support both the clinical and economic performance of healthcare organizations, expand access to coverage and care, enhance the future viability of essential community providers, and improve public confidence in hospitals and healthcare statewide.
- The New Hampshire Hospital Association (NHHA) and Foundation for Healthy Communities (FHC), affiliated and located at the same address, have long been supporters of ensuring that New Hampshire veterans receive every opportunity to live their fullest lives and reach their healthiest potential. As the parent organization, the NHHA has instilled organizational values and hiring practices that support the hiring of retired military personnel and those currently serving in the National Guard, both of whom remain on staff today.
- Staff members employed by the NHHA have recently served as members of initiatives that supported the health and well-being of NH veterans, including the NH Governor's Challenge to Prevent Suicide Among Service Members, Veterans and their Families, as well as the VA New Hampshire Vision 2025 Taskforce and the NH Military Leadership Team.
- With support from hospitals statewide, the NHHA has engaged in awareness campaigns and training initiatives designed to highlight the challenges many veterans face so that healthcare providers will be better able to address the needs of veterans and their families. One of those initiatives, Hospitals for Heroes, aims to raise awareness around the challenges Veterans have faced in receiving care, and after resulting in a resolution by the NHHA Board of Trustees, hospitals throughout the state continue to support efforts that ensure veterans are able to access the care they need, when and where they need it.
Contact New Hampshire Hospital Association for more information. https://nhha.org/
Next Step Bionics and Prosthetics, Inc. was founded in August 1996. The company is dedicated to helping men, women, and children receive quality prosthetic care. The Next Step team serves amputees of all ages from all over the world in Manchester, NH; Newton, MA; and Warwick, RI. The company and its team has a strong presence within each of these communities and within the prosthetic industry as a whole. As a trusted partner for Veterans dealing with the trauma of limb loss, Next Step Bionics and Prosthetics understands the unique needs of military members who have lost limbs as a result of combat or serious accident and may be dealing with challenges far beyond the physical aspect of limb loss.
- Next Step Bionics and Prosthetics goes beyond providing a unique service and care to Veterans, its team members act as advocates for Veteran clients. They connect Veteran clients to a community of peers facing similar challenges. They not only coordinate their treatment and authorization through the VA, but they also support the Veterans’ efforts to raise awareness of their care needs by meeting with legislators and political candidates.
- The company strives to make a positive and lasting impact in the New Hampshire Veteran community. Its founder actively participates in a variety of state and local efforts to benefit and impact New Hampshire Veterans. And, the company provides financial support to worthwhile organizations such as Veterans Count and Operation Hat Trick to further their important work on behalf of local Veterans.
Contact Next Step Bionics and Prosthetics, Inc. for more information. https://nextstepbionicsandprosthetics.com
The New Hampshire Veterans Home (NHVH) is home to men and women veterans who have served their country and fellow New Hampshire citizens; it is the only long-term care facility in the Granite State dedicated exclusively to veterans. NHVH was established in Tilton in 1890 as the Soldier’s Home for Civil War Veterans and is a recent recipient of the Quality of Life Award from the NH Department of Health & Human Services and the Business Inspiration Award from the Lakes Region Chamber of Commerce. The mission of NHVH is to provide high quality, professional long-term care services to the Granite State’s elderly and disabled veterans with dignity, honor and respect.
- Every minute of every day at the NH Veterans Home is about honoring, fortifying, empowering and impacting Veterans. If you have an opportunity to visit the NH Veterans Home, you’ll quickly notice that the staff are not only high quality healthcare providers for the residents, but they have also become family.
- The NH Veterans Home not only cares for those who have served, but they also actively seek to employ those who have served. Veteran employees have unique experiences serving residents who have also served our country. The relationships the staff and residents develop provide an opportunity for both to share the special bond that exists only between veterans. The NHVH is a unique employer in that all of our employees (veterans and nonveterans) are honored to support the mission which is to provide the best quality of life for NH veterans, whether that be by cleaning the facility, facilitating recreational programs or helping with daily living activities.
Contact the NH Veterans Home for more information. www.nh.gov/veterans/
Northeast Passage (NEP) at the University of New Hampshire was founded in 1990 as a private non-profit organization. In March of 2000, after years of successful collaboration, NEP officially merged with the University of New Hampshire as the service branch of the Recreation Management and Policy Department within the College of Health and Human Services. The mission of Northeast Passage is to empower people living with disabling conditions, both visible and invisible, to define, pursue and achieve whole life health, community engagement and fulfillment through the purposeful use of sports and recreation; to develop and promote best practices in the fields of Therapeutic Recreation and Adaptive Sports. Northeast Passage does this by developing, delivering, and evaluating innovative barrier-free recreation and health promotion programs.
- Both UNH and NEP have web-based platforms specifically to address how they support the Veteran population through the Veteran Recreation program and as an authorized community care provider for the VA.
- NEP is a regular part of Veteran Orientation programs at the University for incoming Veteran students and remains a resource for support of their health and wellbeing.
- NEP participates in the University’s human resources strategies for recruiting and retaining Veteran employees including Green Zone Training provided by the University’s Veteran and Military Services.
- NEP dedicates a significant portion of grant writing and networking efforts to create and maintain its Veteran recreation and community-based recreational therapy opportunities for Veterans. NEP is currently providing a Veteran Wellness Series to Veterans around the state of NH to promote daily wellness for Veterans.
Contact Northeast Passage for more information. www.nepassage.org
Partnership for Public Health (PPH), located in Laconia, NH, is an agency dedicated to improving the health and well-being of those who live in, work in, or visit the Lakes Region. The mission of the agency is to improve the health and well-being of the region through inter-organizational collaboration and community and public health improvement activities.
- PPH is contracted with the Manchester VA Medical Center and provides case management to Veterans in both the Carroll and Belknap County locations. This program is called the Veteran Directed Program and is a family managed program that aids Veterans in getting the proper care that they may need while still residing in their home.
- PPH staff participate annually in signing and sending cards to active military members serving overseas during the holidays. Veteran families are also selected to receive holiday support (through gift cards and gift items) to demonstrate gratitude and support from PPH staff.
- Currently, the agency’s Substance Misuse & Suicide Prevention Manager is collaborating with community partners and Veteran organizations to provide resources to better serve Veterans in the region, and is actively working towards funding to offer a program that implements suicide prevention trainings for Veterans in the Lakes Region.
Contact Partnership for Public Health for more information. www.pphnh.org
SIG SAUER, Inc. firearms are the weapon of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. No other firearms manufacturer is so highly regarded and so universally respected for the quality, reliability and safety of its products as SIG SAUER. Designed, engineered, and manufactured in America, and ready to perform whenever and wherever the need arises. SIG SAUER is combining industry-leading product innovation with decades of battle-tested experience to engineer the toughest, and most accurate pistols, rifles, optics, suppressors, and ammunition for the military and federal agencies. It’s the mission at SIG SAUER to provide elite end-users with a complete weapons system they can depend on to prevail under any circumstance.
- SIG SAUER implements innovative strategies to retain Veteran employees by showing appreciation for veterans both internally and externally in the community. SIG SAUER’s involvement and support for Veterans in the community is very evident to employees as it is showcased through communications--email announcements, weekly newsletters, internal Intranet website, etc.
- SIG SAUER continues all health and welfare benefits coverage to both our employee and their families while they are out on active duty. They also receive differential pay on their short-term assignments (2 weeks).
- SIG SAUER is very involved with the community and also contributes annually to several veteran charities and organizations. Each year SIG SAUER makes significant charitable contributions in the form of direct financial support (DF), product donation (PD), or volunteer time (VT) of SIG employees. In 2019, SIG SAUER was honored to make over $825,000 in charitable donations. The company also offers discounts on products to our Military/Veterans.
Contact Sig Sauer, Inc. for more information. www.sigsauer.com
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), located in Manchester, NH, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution with more than 3,000 on campus students, over 135,000 online students and an alumni network of over 100,000, making it one of the fastest growing universities in the nation. Since its founding in 1932, the University has transformed from a school of accounting and secretarial science into an institution offering over 200 programs, from certificates to doctoral level degrees including business, education, liberal arts, social sciences and STEM.
- SNHU has a long history of supporting the military and Veterans that goes back to the school’s founding. Support is demonstrated through its actions, policies and procedures. The institution has a public-facing website for military which demonstrates the value it places on recruiting and supporting student Veterans. SNHU holds a separate orientation for new student Veterans on campus. The orientation provides students information about resources both on and off-campus. Orientation partners include the VA Medical Center and VA Benefits Administration. SNHU has signed the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Statement of Support. SNHU has attendance/withdrawal policies in place to protect students called to military duty.
- SNHU participates in a variety of celebrations and events aimed at honoring and recognizing military service. It has celebrated “Veterans Week” every year since 2013. The celebration includes military equipment displays on campus, special events and outings for student veterans, opportunities for other students to thank veterans for their service, etc.
- SNHU also makes a positive impact in the Veteran community beyond the University as well. Every year, SNHU holds the Penmen for Patriots 5K on campus to raise funds for Veterans Count, a local non-profit.
Contact Southern New Hampshire University for more information. www.snhu.edu
Forge VFR, located in Manchester, NH, is a Veteran owned and operated agency that is a partner in the Forge Health network. VFR (Veterans and First Responders) is an outpatient recovery program providing mental health and addiction treatment for its specific population. VFR’s approach allows clients to maintain their daily life at home and in the real world. True challenges to sustaining a healthy life without relapse exist in the everyday experience and VFR is available to provide real life support to Veterans and First Responders. All staff are either veterans, service members, family members, or have been trained and demonstrate expert knowledge in military culture and service member needs.
- VFR engages staff in professional development to increase military education and also provides training to community partners of other agencies.
- VFR actively recruits Veteran job applicants and has designed a website that is Veteran-focused and user-friendly to Veteran job seekers and also Veteran clients.
- VFR leadership is actively involved in community and state initiatives related to military & Veteran issues such as the Governor’s Challenge to Prevent Suicide among Service members, Veterans and their Families, Justice Involved Veterans Task Force and the NH Suicide Prevention Council.
Contact Forge VFR for more information. www.forgehealth.com
Gold Level Impact
Lowe’s Home Improvement
Lowe’s Home Improvement was founded in 1946 by a World War II Veteran. Lowe’s grew from one small-town hardware store in North Carolina to one of the largest home improvement retailers in the world. With 13 locations in New Hampshire, the company continues to be committed to helping homeowners, renters and pros improve their homes and businesses.
- Lowe’s has a rich heritage in honoring military members and veterans through funding and volunteer projects. They support organizations that provide military members and Veterans with safe, affordable housing, workforce training and more. Their partners include United Service Organizations (USO), American Veterans (AMVETS), Operation FINALLY HOME and others.
- Lowe’s is proud to be an employer of choice for transitioning Veterans and military spouses. Interview guides are situational in order to best identify and match military training and skills to jobs. Company associates with military experience wear camo vests, hats and special pins to recognize and honor their service.
- Lowe’s also proudly offers a Military Discount for eligible purchases every day to active military personnel and Veterans.
Contact Lowe's for more information. www.lowes.com
Silver Level Impact
A&R Sawyer Co., Inc.
Established in 1993 and located in Windham, NH, A&R Sawyer Co., Inc. is a full service innovator in the fields of mobile application development, employee recognition, marketing collateral and uniform management. With such a wide area of expertise, they provide one point of contact for full campaign management. They specialize in helping businesses of all sizes get their message out. From signage design and printing, to apparel decoration, to trade show and special event planning, to corporate gifts and awards. Start to finish, they will help you achieve your goals! Based in Windham, NH, A&R Sawyer Co., Inc. is committed to developing strategies, policies & procedures that support service member and Veteran employees and customers.
Contact A&R Saywer Co., Inc. for more information. www.arsawyer.com
Bronze Level Recognition
Advantage Truck Group
Advantage Truck Group is the largest Daimler Trucks North America dealer network in New England, focused on providing a superior customer support and service experience. The comprehensive sales and service network supports a wide range of commercial and municipal vehicle applications, fleets and owner-operators, and offers the largest on-highway truck parts network in New England. Advantage Truck Group is a proud supporter of military families. As a military and Veterans recognized organization, ATG prides itself on providing transitional opportunities to active military and Veteran families.
Contact Advantage Truck Group for more information. www.advantagetruckne.com
Learn more about a career at Advantage Truck Group. www.advantagetruckne.com/careers.htm
From its headquarters in Portsmouth, NH, Hometown Oil delivers premium heating oil for use in inside or outside tanks with 24 hour emergency service to a large delivery area in New Hampshire and southern Maine. They also supply on and off road diesel. They have an everyday low price and friendly service. In May 2011, wanting to support military families in their delivery area, Hometown Oil started delivering oil at a significant discount to each military family for one year. After the year was over, their continued business success allowed them to maintain the same savings and expand to another military family.
Contact Hometown Oil for more information. www.hometown-oil.com/
Nvest Financial Group, LLC
Nvest Financial Group helps you and your family build financial confidence, one relationship at a time. Their holistic financial planning approach helps to ensure that their services and advisors address all aspects of your financial needs so that you are prepared and educated no matter what the future may bring. Nvest Financial Group is a small firm of 8 team members, but they have a high degree of connectedness to the military. Nvest Financial Group offers pro bono financial planning services to the Veteran and Active Military Community. The company has also made a significant commitment to supporting military spouse employees during military deployments in ways that are meaningful to the military family.
Contact Nvest Financial Group for more information. www.nvestfinancial.com/
Service Credit Union
With just $300 and a few officers, Service Credit Union launched in 1957 to provide affordable credit to airmen and their families at, what is now, Pease Air National Guard Base. Since then, they have grown to serve active military, Veterans and their family members all over the world with 35 locations in New Hampshire. Service members are at the heart of everything they do. Service Credit Union regularly sponsors programs benefitting military service members and Veterans with financial donations, in-kind donations and employee volunteer time.
Contact Service Credit Union for more information. https://servicecu.org/
Teledyne DGO specializes in extreme environment, electrical interconnect systems and designs, develops, and manufactures high reliability electrical connection solutions which are used to provide electrical power, controls, radio frequency and fiber optic communications across critical boundaries subjected to extreme pressure and temperature gradients.
Teledyne DGO designs connection systems that transmit signals, data or power through challenging media, such as subsea oil wells, and through pressure barriers, such as the hull of a submarine. Because the cost of failure is so high, Teledyne DGO designs and manufactures its products to deliver total reliability. The company’s solutions support aircraft, biomedical devices, deep-sea exploration vehicles, offshore oil and gas operations, power generation, including nuclear power and submarines.
Teledyne DGO has implemented significant human resource components within the company to honor and support Reserve and National Guard service members as well as Veterans. Veteran applicants who apply online are given first preference for all available positions. The company regularly participates in Veteran-specific job fairs and hiring managers are trained to look for military-related transferrable skills using military culturally competent interviewing techniques.
Contact Teledyne DGO for more information. www.teledynemarine.com/dgo
DMAVS and NHES do not currently have the resources to verify the majority of information provided by applicants - applications are accepted with the assumption of applicant’s good intentions and that answers are truthful. Recognition is not guaranteed and is given at the discretion of the Adjutant General and the Commissioner of NH Employment Security.
If you are seeking or applying for employment at any of the NH Veteran-Friendly Businesses, you are responsible for researching the company and the job opportunity. Veterans are not guaranteed employment, but many of the businesses listed report having practices that honor, fortify, empower and positively impact Veterans. DMAVS and NHES are not responsible for the outcomes achieved by applicants at these businesses.
If you are seeking to utilize the services of a NH Veteran-Friendly Business, you are responsible for researching the company and the quality of the services. It is at your sole discretion that you choose to utilize the services provided by any business listed on this site. DMAVS and NHES are not responsible for quality of service provided by any business listed on this site.
NH Division of Community Based Military Programs
Jim Roberg, Project Specialist,James.G.Roberg@dmavs.nh.gov , (603) 227-1569
Office Hours 8:00am-4:00pm
Telephone 603-225-1200 Business Administration 603-225-1360