Appointments for DEERS/RAPIDS ID cards are made online and are managed directly the Offices assigned to this responsibility. Information to help you find the online ID Card Office Locator and Appointment tool as well as prepare for your appointment is available on this page, but questions should be directed to DEERS/RAPIDS ID card office sites, not the Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services.

Do you, your spouse or dependent family member need a DEERS/RAPIDS ID card?  

ID cards

An online ID Card Office Locator & Appointments tool is available to help you locate a DEERS/RAPIDS ID card office near you that can update your CAC, or manage sponsor or family member ID card information. You can search for appointments based on location and a radius that you are willing to travel.  Walk-ins are not accommodated at most DEERS/RAPIDS locations.  You must make an appointment using the online scheduling tool available at the following website:


Locations typically most convenient to New Hampshire residents

State Military Reservation, Building C 1 Minuteman Way
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 225-1326

ID Card Fac, 99th RSC
64 Harvey Road
Armed Forces Reserve Center
Londonderry, NH 03053
(910) 598-9683

157th ARW New Hampshire ANG Portsmouth
157th ARW FSS, BLDING 100
302 Newmarket St. Pease ANGB
Newington, NH 03803
(603) 430-3514

Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
1 Walker Street
(207) 438-2640

Engineering Research Development Center
ATTN: CEERD-SES-H; 72 Lyme Road
Hanover, NH 03755
(603) 646-4300

NOSC White River Junction
ATTN ID CARDS, 207 Holiday Drive
White River Junction, VT 05001
(802) 295-0050


Important Information

JUST GOT MARRIED? INITIAL ENROLLMENT OF SPOUSE:  When adding your spouse to DEERS, the sponsor and spouse must be present and provide the following forms of documentation: A valid state or federal government photo ID, original/certified copy of marriage certificate, Social Security Card, and Birth Certificate. If your spouse is a foreign national, you must have the original marriage certificate, valid passport, and birth certificate. All documents need to be certified and translated into English.

Sponsor must have the following documents for the child: Original Birth Certificate/Certificate of Live Birth authenticated by attending physician and social security card (if available). If a stepchild is being added, the marriage license is also needed. Required documents for Students 21+ enrolled in college: College students (dependents of Service Member who are full-time students age 21-23): A letter from the Office of Registrar showing date of enrollment and anticipated date of graduation, and identifying the student as a “full-time” student in accordance with the criteria established at the college.

CHILDREN BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK: Female Sponsors: Child's Birth Certificate and Social Security Number. Male sponsors: Court order establishing paternity or State Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity Form, Child's Birth Certificate, SSN & legal documents showing adjudicated paternity.

ENROLLING DEPENDENT WARD: You will need to provide a DFAS letter of approval, Court Document placing the child in the member’s household for at least 12 months, Birth Certificate & Social Security card. Please note that all documents must be translated into English and certified.

PARENT ENROLLMENT: You will need to pick up a Dependency Determination Application from Finance and apply for approval through DFAS. Provide letter of approval at time of enrollment, service member's birth certificate and a valid Photo ID of your parent and SSN card.

PARENT-IN-LAW ENROLLMENT: Enrollment process & documents are the same as the Parent Enrollment listed above but instead of Sponsor's Birth Certificate you will need SPOUSE'S Birth Certificate & Marriage Certificate. Note all documents must be translated into English & certified.

POWER OF ATTORNEY (POA): If your Military Sponsor is at Basic Training, AIT, DEPLOYED or on TDY orders that he/she is 
unable to accompany you. A valid original "General" or "Special" Power of Attorney that will allow you to conduct DEERS business on your sponsor's behalf is required.


Additional questions?

Contact the any of the sites for additional information related to your circumstances and needs.