Apply to be recognized by the Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services and NH Employment Security as a business, organization or school that strives to honor, fortify, empower, and positively impact the lives of NH Service members, Veterans and their families in New Hampshire.
HONOR FORTIFY EMPOWER IMPACT
Apply To Be Recognized as a
NH VETERAN-FRIENDLY BUSINESS
The Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services (DMAVS) and NH Employment Security (NHES) will recognize and partner with NH Veteran Businesses of any type or size supporting the wellness of military & veteran families through practices & policies that serve to:
- Honor military experience and sacrifice;
- Fortify employees with opportunities for career growth and financial stability;
- Empower families by meeting their unique needs in innovative ways;
- Impact the broader community through collaborations and partnerships.
Quarterly Deadlines: March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31
Recognition is awarded for a period of 2 years, then businesses are encouraged to re-apply.
Refer to the NH Veteran-Friendly Business Program Info & Roadmap for detailed information about the program, network, how to apply and what your business can do to be Veteran-friendly.
Applicants must complete and submit an application to VeteranFriendlyBusiness@dmavs.nh.gov.
Applicants will be notified of their recognition within 2 weeks of submission.
All criteria must be met in order to be eligible for any level of program recognition. Eligibility requirements will be verified before application is reviewed.
- Be based, or have locations, in the State of New Hampshire;
- Business is in good standing with the Secretary of State;
- Business is not delinquent in paying Unemployment Insurance taxes;
- Business is in good standing with the Department of Labor (including Workers’ Comp);
- Business has no USERRA violations in past 24 months;
- All required taxes are current with the Department of Revenue
- Free application for all businesses! No cost!
- Gain access to the job seeking Veteran talent pool through strategies implemented by the network.
- Access resources designed to help recruit & support Veterans.
- Certificate signed by the NH Adjutant General and the Commissioner of NH Employment Security to display.
- Custom‐designed logo available for your business use and promotion.
- Enhance goodwill among Veteran employees and customers.
- Business listed on DMAVS website with links to your website when possible.
- Opportunity to highlight your business and its Veteran‐Friendly practices on DMAVS website.
- Post your company’s events on the DMAVS Community Calendar for the Veteran community to see.
- Connect with other businesses successfully implementing Veteran‐Friendly practices through network meetings and other initiatives.
- Connect with federal and state partners interested in establishing legislation, policies and statewide practices to benefit Veterans and the businesses that employ and serve them.
Make The Most Of Your Recognition!
- Use the program criteria as a road map for enhancing veteran-friendliness in the future.
- Display your NH Veteran-Friendly Business certificate prominently!
- Proudly use the NH Veteran-Friendly logo on your promotional materials.
- Promote your recognition in all Veteran hiring initiatives.
- Highlight the recognition on your website for potential Veteran candidates & customers.
- Embed a link on your website to the DMAVS page where your business will be listed, and possibly, highlighted.
- Browse and share the e-newsletter with colleagues to be informed on federal, state and local resources available to Veterans in New Hampshire as well as their employers and service providers;
- Attend networking & Advisory Panel meetings to give input on current and future state initiatives that can benefit your Veteran employees, clients/customers or recruiting strategies!
DMAVS and NHES do not currently have the resources to verify the majority of information provided by applicants - applications are accepted with the assumption of applicant’s good intentions and that answers are truthful. Recognition is not guaranteed and is given at the discretion of the Adjutant General and the Commissioner of NH Employment Security. DMAVS and NHES does not guarantee the employability of applicants businesses receive as a result of this website.
Questions About the Application Process?
The Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services is happy to answer any questions potential applicants may have regarding the program, the application itself or the application process.
Contact the NH Division of Community Based Military Programs
Jim Roberg, Program Specialist James.G.Roberg@dmavs.nh.gov
Office Hours 8:00am-4:00pm
Telephone 603-225-1200 Business Administration 603-225-1360