Apply to be recognized by the Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services and NH Employment Security as a business, organization or school that strives to honor, fortify, empower, and positively impact the lives of NH Service members, Veterans and their families in New Hampshire.
HONOR FORTIFY EMPOWER IMPACT
Apply To Be Recognized as a
NH VETERAN-FRIENDLY BUSINESS
The Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services (DMAVS) and NH Employment Security (NHES) will recognize and partner with NH Veteran Businesses of any type or size supporting the wellness of military & veteran families through practices & policies that serve to:
- Honor military experience and sacrifice;
- Fortify employees with opportunities for career growth and financial stability;
- Empower families by meeting their unique needs in innovative ways;
- Impact the broader community through collaborations and partnerships.
The Annual Recognition & Networking Event is held annually in November.
Recognition is awarded for a period of 2 years, then businesses are encouraged to re-apply.
2021 Application Process and Program Info Sessions
The Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services will be hosting a 2nd, live, virtual information session to answer questions potential business applicants may have regarding the program, the application itself or the application process on the date below. No registration required. Simply come back to this page on August 12th any time between 3pm-4pm, click the link below "Click her to join the session!" and join the session!
August 12, 2021 3:00PM - 4:00PM Click here to join the session!
What virtual platform will be used for the Q&A Sessions? Webex will be used for the live, virtual Q&A Sessions. You can use Webex through a desktop application or through an internet browser. Get more information on Webex and how to access meetings through Webex HERE.
NH Veteran-Friendly Business Recognition Program 2021 brochure with application rubric.
Recognition levels are designed to be progressive (eg. in order to be recognized as a Gold Level Veteran‐Friendly Business, the business must meet the Bronze, Silver and Gold criteria).
Applicants must complete and submit an application by the deadline to VeteranFriendlyBusiness@mavs.nh.gov.
Applicants will be notified of their recognition November-December.
Applications are in the form of a fillable pdf and are available on this website.
All criteria must be met in order to be eligible for any level of program recognition. Eligibility requirements will be verified before application is reviewed.
- Be based, or have locations, in the State of New Hampshire;
- Business is in good standing with the Secretary of State;
- Business is not delinquent in paying Unemployment Insurance taxes;
- Business is in good standing with the Department of Labor (including Workers’ Comp);
- Business has no USERRA violations in past 24 months;
- All required taxes are current with the Department of Revenue
- Free application.
- Access the job seeking Veteran talent pool.
- NHES Job Fairs spotlighting NH Veteran-Friendly Businesses.
- Access resources designed to help recruit & support Veterans.
- Signed & framed certificate to display.
- Customized logo--access to .jpg and .png files for use on promotional or office materials or website.
- Window decal of customized logo to display.
- Enhance goodwill among Veteran employees and customers.
- Opportunity to highlight your business on DMAVS website.
- Connect with other businesses successfully implementing Veteran-Friendly practices.
- Invitation to participate on the program's Advisory Panel--gain a voice in the future development and enhancements of the NH Veteran-Friendly Recognition Program.
An investment in a Veteran is an investment in your community!
Make The Most Of Your Recognition!
- Use the program criteria as a road map for enhancing veteran-friendliness in the future.
- Display your NH Veteran-Friendly Business certificate prominently!
- Proudly use the NH Veteran-Friendly logo on your promotional materials.
- Promote your recognition in all Veteran hiring initiatives.
- Highlight the recognition on your website for potential Veteran candidates & customers.
- Embed a link on your website to the DMAVS page where your business will be listed, and possibly, highlighted.
DMAVS and NHES do not currently have the resources to verify the majority of information provided by applicants - applications are accepted with the assumption of applicant’s good intentions and that answers are truthful. Recognition is not guaranteed and is given at the discretion of the Adjutant General and the Commissioner of NH Employment Security. DMAVS and NHES does not guarantee the employability of applicants businesses receive as a result of this website.
Contact the NH Division of Community Based Military Programs
Amy Cook, Administrator Amy.Cook@nh.gov
Office Hours 8:00am-4:00pm
Telephone 603-225-1200 Business Administration 603-225-1360