WHY MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID?
Mental Health First Aid for Veterans, Military Members and their Families teaches you
how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use
disorders. This training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support
to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help
connect them to appropriate care
• A discussion of military culture and its relevance to the topic of mental health.
• A discussion of the specific risk factors faced by many service members and
their families such as mental and physical trauma, stress, separation, etc.
• How to break down the stigma associated with substance use disorders
and mental illnesses like anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder
(PTSD) and more.
• How to reach out to those who suffer in silence, reluctant to seek help.
• Community resource information and support.
Register at: bit.ly/MHFAMilitaryNashua