The Department of Military Affairs and Veterans Services supports and encourages all businesses, organizations and schools in New Hampshire to be veteran-friendly and, in partnership with NH Employment Security, recognizes such businesses each year.
HONOR FORTIFY EMPOWER IMPACT
- Learn about the 2020 NH Veteran-Friendly Businesses
- Learn how to apply to be recognized as a NH Veteran-Friendly Business
- NH Veteran-Friendly Business Recognition Program (2021 brochure)
2021 applications are now being accepted!
2021 applications will be reviewed July 1, 2021 - August 30, 2021.
The Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services and NH Employment Security celebrate businesses, organizations and schools in New Hampshire that strive to honor, fortify, empower, and positively impact the lives of NH Service members, Veterans and their families. This is accomplished through several pathways—inclusion of business leaders on the NH Military Leadership Team, the NH Veteran-Friendly Business Recognition Program launched in the spring of 2020, promotion of NHES resources available to businesses hiring Veterans, and a variety of military/veteran-specific trainings offered to NH businesses.
The NH Veteran-Friendly Business Recognition Program launched in spring 2020. Under the direction of the Adjutant General, it was developed by a group consisting of representatives from state government, the private business sector and the NH Veteran community. Criteria outlined serve to identify and define four levels of veteran-friendly practices, procedures and protocols. The criteria also provide other New Hampshire businesses with a road map to develop their own veteran-friendly practices.
The program logo was designed by Sophie Phillips, a senior in 2020-2021 from Exeter High School and Seacoast School of Technology.
Program Overview for Businesses
The Program serves to:
- Recognize businesses that value contributions of Service Members, Veterans & their families;
- Support military and veteran families by identifying Veteran-Friendly Businesses;
- Contribute to a broader effort to match talented & skilled Veterans with positions in NH businesses;
- Create a network through which businesses can learn from, and help each other, be more veteran-friendly and successful at recruiting Veteran employees & customers.
Applications are reviewed annually July 1st - August 30th.
- Free application.
- Gain access to the job seeking Veteran talent pool.
- Identification as a NH Veteran-Friendly business at NHES Job Fairs.
- Access resources designed to help recruit & support Veterans.
- E-newsletter highlighting resources and opportunities.
- Signed & framed certificate to display.
- Customized logo--access to .jpg and .png files for use on promotional or office materials or website.
- Window decal of customized logo to display.
- Enhance goodwill among Veteran employees.
- Business listed on DMAVS website with links when possible.
- Opportunity to highlight your business on DMAVS website.
- Connect with other businesses successfully implementing Veteran-Friendly practices.
- Access to private LinkedIn Group for NH Veteran-Friendly Businesses.
- Opportunity to participate on program's Advisory Panel--gain a voice in the future development and enhancements to the NH Veteran-Friendly Recognition Program.
An investment in a Veteran is an investment in your community!
Launched in 2020, the program was established by the Department of Military Affairs and Veterans Services and NH Employment Security along with partners including the Division of Community Based Military Programs, Next Step Bionics & Prosthetics, Dead River Company, and the NH State Veterans Council.
Explore aspects of Veteran-Friendly Businesses and the resources available to them using the sidebar. Download or print a program brochure, application or logo contest flier using the sidebar. Search for business or employment-related trainings and workshops using the Calendar.
Still more questions?
Contact the Division of Community Based Military Programs
Amy Cook, Administrator Amy.Cook@nh.gov