The Department of Military Affairs and Veterans Services supports and encourages all businesses, organizations and schools in New Hampshire to be veteran-friendly and, in partnership with NH Employment Security, recognizes such businesses each year.
HONOR FORTIFY EMPOWER IMPACT
2022 applications are now being accepted!
A revised, 2022 application is now available to businesses! The new format is a result of feedback from previous applicants and is intended to better reflect businesses from all sectors in New Hampshire.
Quarterly deadlines: March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31
The Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services and NH Employment Security celebrate businesses, organizations and schools in New Hampshire that strive to honor, fortify, empower, and positively impact the lives of NH Service members, Veterans and their families. This is accomplished through several pathways—inclusion of business leaders on the NH Military Leadership Team, the NH Veteran-Friendly Business Recognition Program launched in the spring of 2020, promotion of NHES resources available to businesses hiring Veterans, and a variety of military/veteran-specific trainings offered to NH businesses.
The NH Veteran-Friendly Business Recognition Program launched in spring 2020. Under the direction of the Adjutant General, it was developed by a group consisting of representatives from state government, the private business sector and the NH Veteran community. Criteria outlined serve to identify and define four levels of veteran-friendly practices, procedures and protocols. The criteria also provide other New Hampshire businesses with a road map to develop their own veteran-friendly practices.
The program logo was designed by Sophie Phillips, a senior in 2020-2021 from Exeter High School and Seacoast School of Technology.
Program Overview for Businesses
The Program serves to:
- Recognize businesses that value contributions of Service Members, Veterans & their families;
- Support military and veteran families by identifying Veteran-Friendly Businesses;
- Contribute to a broader effort to match talented & skilled Veterans with positions in NH businesses;
- Create a network through which businesses can learn from, and help each other, be more veteran-friendly and successful at recruiting Veteran employees & customers.
- Free application for all businesses! No cost!
- Gain access to the job seeking Veteran talent pool through strategies implemented by the network.
- Access resources designed to help recruit & support Veterans.
- Certificate signed by the NH Adjutant General and the Commissioner of NH Employment Security to display.
- Custom‐designed logo available for your business use and promotion.
- Enhance goodwill among Veteran employees and customers.
- Business listed on DMAVS website with links to your website when possible.
- Opportunity to highlight your business and its Veteran‐Friendly practices on DMAVS website.
- Post your company’s events on the DMAVS Community Calendar for the Veteran community to see.
- Connect with other businesses successfully implementing Veteran‐Friendly practices through network meetings and other initiatives.
- Connect with federal and state partners interested in establishing legislation, policies and statewide practices to benefit Veterans and the businesses that employ and serve them.
Materials & Links to Assist With Your Application:
- Learn about currently recognized NH Veteran-Friendly Businesses
- Apply to be recognized as a NH Veteran-Friendly Business
- NH Veteran-Friendly Business Recognition Program (2022 brochure)
- NH Veteran-Friendly Program Info & Roadmap
An investment in a Veteran is an investment in your community!
Launched in 2020, the program was established by the Department of Military Affairs and Veterans Services and NH Employment Security along with partners including the Division of Community Based Military Programs, Next Step Bionics & Prosthetics, Dead River Company, and the NH State Veterans Council.
Explore aspects of Veteran-Friendly Businesses and the resources available to them using the sidebar. Download or print a program brochure, application or logo contest flier using the sidebar. Search for business or employment-related trainings and workshops using the Calendar.
Still more questions?
Contact the Division of Community Based Military Programs
James Roberg, Program Specialist
Calendar of Events