Apply to be recognized by the Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services and NH Employment Security as a business, organization or school that strives to honor, fortify, empower, and positively impact the lives of NH Servicemembers, Veterans and their families in New Hampshire.
HONOR FORTIFY EMPOWER IMPACT
Apply Today To Be Recognized As A
NH VETERAN-FRIENDLY BUSINESSES
The Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services (DMAVS) and NH Employment Security (NHES) celebrate the following businesses, organizations and schools in New Hampshire that strive to honor, fortify, empower, and positively impact the lives of NH Servicemembers, Veterans and their families.
The NH Veterans-Friendly Recognition Program serves to:
- Recognize businesses that value contributions of Service Members, Veterans & their families
- Support military and veteran families by identifying Veteran-Friendly Businesses
- Contribute to a broader effort to match talented & skilled Veterans with positions in NH businesses
Applications reviewed annually July 1 - August 30
Recognition is awarded for a period of 2 years, then businesses are encouraged to re-apply
Recognition levels are designed to be progressive (eg. in order to be recognized as a Gold Level Veteran‐Friendly Business, the business must meet the Bronze, Silver and Gold criteria).
- Be based, or have locations, in the State of New Hampshire;
- Be in good standing with the State of New Hampshire; and
- Submit a completed application by the deadline.
The application is available as a fill‐able .pdf.
Complete and submit to [email protected].
Applicants will be notified of their recognition November-December.
All criteria must be met in order to be eligible for any level of program recognition. Eligibility requirements will be verified before application is reviewed.
- Business is in good standing with the Secretary of State
- Business is not delinquent in paying Unemployment Insurance taxes
- Business is in good standing with the Department of Labor (including Workers’ Comp)
- All required taxes are current with the Department of Revenue
- Free application!
- Gain access to the job seeking Veteran talent pool.
- Access resources designed to help recruit & support Veterans.
- Certificate and customized logo to display.
- Enhance goodwill among Veteran employees.
- Business listed on DMAVS website with links when possible.
- Opportunity to highlight your business on DMAVS website.
- Connect with other businesses successfully implementing Veteran-Friendly practices.
- Gain a voice in the future development and enhancements to the NH Veteran-Friendly Recognition Program.
An investment in a Veteran is an investment in your community!
Hire & Inspire the next generation of Veterans!
Make The Most Of Your Recognition!
- Use the program criteria as a road map for enhancing veteran-friendliness in the future.
- Display your NH Veteran-Friendly Business certificate prominently!
- Proudly use the NH Veteran-Friendly logo on your promotional materials.
- Promote your recognition in all Veteran hiring initiatives.
- Highlight the recognition on your website for potential Veteran candidates & customers.
- Embed a link on your website to the DMAVS page where your business will be listed, and possibly, highlighted.
2020 applications will be accepted July 1 - August 30, 2020
DMAVS and NHES do not currently have the resources to verify the majority of information provided by applicants - applications are accepted with the assumption of applicant’s good intentions and that answers are truthful. Recognition is not guaranteed and is given at the discretion of the Adjutant General and the Commissioner of NH Employment Security. DMAVS and NHES does not guarantee the employability of applicants businesses receive as a result of this website.
Explore aspects of Veteran-Friendly Businesses and the resources available to them using the sidebar. Download or print a program brochure, application or logo contest flier using the sidebar. [see sidebar widget described in Related Content] Search for business or employment-related trainings and workshops using the Calendar.
Still more questions?
Contact the Division of Community Based Military Programs
105 Pleasant Street, Concord, NH 03301
Office Hours 8:00am-4:00pm
Telephone 603-225-1200 Business Administration 603-225-1360