The Department of Military Affairs and Veterans Services supports and encourages all businesses, organizations and schools in New Hampshire to be veteran-friendly and, in partnership with NH Employment Security, recognizes such businesses each year.
HONOR FORTIFY EMPOWER IMPACT
- Click here to learn about NH Veteran-Friendly Businesses
- Click here to learn how to apply to be recognized as a NH Veteran-Friendly Business
If you are a NH business seeking Veteran-Friendly recognition, read on or Apply today!
The Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services and NH Employment Security celebrate businesses, organizations and schools in New Hampshire that strive to honor, fortify, empower, and positively impact the lives of NH Service members, Veterans and their families. This is accomplished through several pathways—inclusion of business leaders on the NH Military Leadership Team, the NH Veteran-Friendly Business Recognition Program launched in the spring of 2020, promotion of NHES resources available to businesses hiring Veterans, and a variety of military/veteran-specific trainings offered to NH businesses.
The NH Veteran-Friendly Business Recognition Program launched in spring 2020. Under the direction of the Adjutant General, it was developed by a group consisting of representatives from state government, the private business sector and the NH Veteran community. Criteria outlined serve to identify and define four levels of veteran-friendly practices, procedures and protocols. The criteria also provide other New Hampshire businesses with a road map to develop their own veteran-friendly practices.
The program logo was designed by Sophie Phillips, a senior in 2020-2021 from Exeter High School and Seacoast School of Technology.
Program Overview for Businesses
The Program serves to:
- Recognize businesses that value contributions of Service Members, Veterans & their families
- Support military and veteran families by identifying Veteran-Friendly Businesses
- Contribute to a broader effort to match talented & skilled Veterans with positions in NH businesses
Applications are reviewed annually July 1 - August 30
- Gain access to the job seeking Veteran talent pool.
- Access resources designed to help recruit & support Veterans.
- Certificate and customized logo to display.
- Enhance goodwill among Veteran employees.
- Business listed on DMAVS website with links when possible.
- Opportunity to highlight your business on DMAVS website.
- Connect with other businesses successfully implementing Veteran-Friendly practices.
An investment in a Veteran is an investment in your community!
Hire & Inspire the next generation of Veterans!
Launched in 2020, the program was established by the Department of Military Affairs and Veterans Services and NH Employment Security along with partners including the Division of Community Based Military Programs, Next Step Bionics, DeadRiver Company, and the NH State Veterans Council.
Explore aspects of Veteran-Friendly Businesses and the resources available to them using the sidebar. Download or print a program brochure, application or logo contest flier using the sidebar. Search for business or employment-related trainings and workshops using the Calendar.
Still more questions?
Contact the Division of Community Based Military Programs
105 Pleasant Street, Concord, NH 03301